Saturday, June 13, 2015

How To Live Forever

How To Live Forever

Yes, I am talking about living for eternity, to live forever. Do you know that you can live for eternity? That you never have to die? That you never have to face the pain of death? I can hear you saying? “This is impossible, no man can live forever. We all have to die.”

The Bible Proves It

But I can prove to you by the Word of God Himself, that it is possible. Listen to what Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death: but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Also in I John 5:11, “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.”
Listen also to what Jesus Himself said in John 5:24, “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.”

Eternal Life Can Be Yours

I can hear you asking now, “If eternal life is possible, how may I obtain it?” The Bible tells us very simply what we must do to gain eternal life. The first thing that we must do is to admit that we are sinners. I John 1:8 says: “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”
Romans 3:23 says, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Isaiah 59:1 says: “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.”
But now you ask, “OK so I confess my sins, what good is that going to do?” I John 1:9 says: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
The second thing we must do is to believe in Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9 says: “If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Again, Acts 16:31 says: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.” Finally, believe that Jesus can and will save you from your sins. I Peter 3:18 says: “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit.”

Eternal Life Is A Gift From God

And the best part of this is that God is offering this to us as a gift. To gain eternal life, all we have to do is to accept it. Listen to Eph. 2:8, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” In John 14:14 we find the promise that God, through Jesus Christ will give us eternal life. “You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”

All We Must Do Is Receive

Finally, we must receive Jesus as our Personal Savior. We read in John 1:12, “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” And also in Jude 1:24 where it is talking about Jesus, “Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.”

Don’t Put It Off

Now, I can hear you  saying: “This all sounds very good. I believe all that you have said. I will accept Jesus Christ as my Personal Savior, but not now, I still have plenty of time.” But listen to what Isaiah 55:6 says, “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.”
Also in II Cor. 6:2, “Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” Listen also to Luke 12:40, “You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”

Are You Ready?

Are you ready to accept Jesus Christ as your Personal Savior right now? I beg you not to put it off any longer. This may be your last chance. You may never get another. Remember, all you have to do are these simple things:
1) Confess that you are a sinner.
2) Believe that Jesus Christ save you from your sins.
3) Ask Jesus to forgive your sins and believe in you heart that He has forgiven them.
4) Receive Jesus Christ as your Personal Savior.
Just say these things in your own words. There is no special way to talk to God.

What To Do Now

After you have accepted Jesus as your Personal Savior, go to a minister of the church of your own choice and show him the decision that you made. The minister will help you to grow in the new life that you have found.
In addition, keep reading this blog. I also have another site called BibleAnswersToday.com where you can find a lot more information about living a Christian life in this modern world.

Read more:
"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

No comments:

Post a Comment